When washing your swimsuit, we recommend using the Ms BROWN Matteau Swim Wash - a 100% biodegradable laundry liquid, made in Australia and designed especially for gently cleansing your Matteau swimsuits. The pure essential oils of Lemon Peel, Neroli and Frankincense combine for a delightful floral and citrus fragrance, reminiscent of the Australian summer. Available in 500ml and a travel friendly 250ml, you can shop yours here.
We’ve put together these five simple steps to best cleanse and preserve your swimsuit.
1. Half fill a ten litre bucket or a sink with cold water and add approximately one capful of Ms BROWN Matteau Swim Wash to the water. Disperse the detergent by agitating the water. Alternatively, use a mild soap you have on hand.
2. Immerse your swimsuit(s) in the water and gently swirl, paying extra attention to any soiled patches like deodorant or sunscreen marks. Leave to sit in the water for 10-15 minutes.
3. Hold the swimsuit to the side of the bucket and pour out the soapy water. Fill the bucket again with clean water. Move the garment around in the water to rinse off any excess product. Empty bucket and repeat only if necessary.
4. To remove excess moisture, gently press the item in a ball against the side of the empty bucket. Never wring your swimsuit as it will stretch out of shape and damage the fibres. If you need to dry your suit quickly, lie your swimsuit flat on a clean towel and gently roll. You may need to repeat this process on a drier section of towel.
5. Gently arrange your garment into shape and drip dry in the shade.
Do not use fabric softeners. Do not wring, soak or bleach. Do not tumble dry, iron or dry clean. Drip dry in shade. Do not leave rolled up wet. Chlorine, spa baths, tanning products, sunscreen and oils can cause damage or mark garments – avoid contact and rinse immediately. Avoid contact with rough surfaces to prevent pulls in fabric.