Our sizing is based on a simple scale from 1 to 7. Below is a conversion chart to determine your usual comparable size.
|Size Conversion Chart|
To assist you in confirming your correct size, below are our measurement charts in both centimetres and inches.
|Swim Measurement Chart|
|Petite Triangle Top Measurement Chart|
|Bust (A/B cup)||78||30||83||32||88||34||93||36||98||38||103||40||108||42|
|Bust (C/D cup)||81||32||86||34||91||36||96||38||101||40||106||42||111||44|
|Bust (DD/E cup)||85||34||90||36||95||38||100||40||105||42||110||44||115||46|
|Plunge Top Measurement Chart|
|Bust (A/B/C cup)||80||31||85||33||90||35||95||37||100||39||105||41||110||43|
|Bust (D/E cup)||85||33||90||35||95||37||100||39||105||41||110||43||115||45|
|Maillot Length Measurement Chart|
|General Apparel Measurement Chart|
If you're unsure, we suggest you take your measurements to determine your best fit. For accuracy, have someone else measure you. Ensure the measuring tape is straight (parallel to the floor) and snug, but not tight, to your body.
For tops, take bust and underbust measurements.
For briefs, take waist and hip measurements.
For maillots, take all measurements.
Measurements should be taken as follows:
- Bust: Measure around the fullest part of you bust - this is usually across your nipple line and straight across your shoulder blades.
- Underbust: Measure around your rib cage, immediately under your bust.
- Waist: Measure around your natural waistline - this is usually the narrowest point on your waist.
- Hips: Measure around the fullest part of your low hip - this is approximately 20cm below your natural waistline (the tape should run across the middle of your buttocks).
- Torso: Start the measuring tape at the mid-point of your shoulder (between your shoulder point and neck), run the tape measure down your back and up through your legs toward the starting end of the tape measure. Depending on the length of your tape measure it is likely that you won’t be able to get the ends of the tape to meet - there will be a gap. If so, measure the gap and then add this to the overall tape measurement length. The total will give you your torso length.
- Please note, our swimwear is designed to fit firm on the body to eliminate bagging and wrinkling. Your briefs/maillot will feel firm when pulling them up and over your hips, but once adjusted into place will provide some compression on the body. If you prefer a less firm fitting swimsuit, we recommend that you order a size larger than your regular size.
When washing your swimsuit, we recommend using the Ms BROWN Matteau Swim Wash - a 100% biodegradable laundry liquid, made in Australia and designed especially for gently cleansing your Matteau swimsuits. The pure essential oils of Lemon Peel, Neroli and Frankincense combine for a delightful floral and citrus fragrance, reminiscent of the Australian summer. Available in 500ml and a travel friendly 250ml, you can shop yours here.
We’ve put together these five simple steps to best cleanse and preserve your swimsuit.
- 1. Half fill a ten litre bucket or a sink with cold water and add approximately one capful of Ms BROWN Matteau Swim Wash to the water. Disperse the detergent by agitating the water. Alternatively, use a mild soap you have on hand.
- 2. Immerse your swimsuit(s) in the water and gently swirl, paying extra attention to any soiled patches like deodorant or sunscreen marks. Leave to sit in the water for 10-15 minutes.
- 3. Hold the swimsuit to the side of the bucket and pour out the soapy water. Fill the bucket again with clean water. Move the garment around in the water to rinse off any excess product. Empty bucket and repeat only if necessary.
- 4. To remove excess moisture, gently press the item in a ball against the side of the empty bucket. Never wring your swimsuit as it will stretch out of shape and damage the fibres. If you need to dry your suit quickly, lie your swimsuit flat on a clean towel and gently roll. You may need to repeat this process on a drier section of towel.
- 5. Gently arrange your garment into shape and drip dry in the shade.
Do not use fabric softeners. Do not wring, soak or bleach. Do not tumble dry, iron or dry clean. Drip dry in shade. Do not leave rolled up wet. Chlorine, spa baths, tanning products, sunscreen and oils can cause damage or mark garments – avoid contact and rinse immediately. Avoid contact with rough surfaces to prevent pulls in fabric.
We have included sizing charts that will assist you in determining your correct size. You can find our sizing charts here.Do you ship worldwide?
Yes, we ship worldwide. If you have any questions related to shipping, please email us at email@example.com and we can provide further information or a shipping estimate. For full details on our shipping policy, please click here.Do I need to sign for my order when it arrives?
Depending on the shipping method selected, you may be required to sign for your delivery. Please ensure you provide a delivery address that is attended during business hours.What payment methods do you accept?
We accept payment via PayPal, Visa and Mastercard credit or debit cards and Amex.How long will my order take to arrive?
All successful orders placed will be processed within 2 business days of receipt. You will receive an email when your order is dispatched. The delivery timeframe depends on the shipping method selected at checkout. For full details on our shipping policy and timeframes, please click here.How do I track my order?
Once your order is dispatched, you will receive an email that will include your tracking number. If you require further information about your delivery, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you further.Am I liable for customs or duties on my order?
Yes, you are liable for any import customs duties or taxes that are applicable to your order, determined by your local customs authority. Please check with your local customs authority on any customs duties or taxes that are payable by you – regulations and guidelines differ by country. Customs duties or taxes are not payable by Matteau.Can I return my order?
Yes, you can return your order for a full refund (excluding shipping charges paid), assuming goods are unworn and in original condition. All returns are bound by our Returns Policy. To make a return, please follow our process here.How do I care for my swimwear?
Cold hand wash in mild soap to remove chlorine or salt from garment. Do not use fabric softeners. Do not wring, soak or bleach. Do not tumble dry, iron or dry clean. Drip dry in shade. Do not leave rolled up wet. Chlorine, spa baths, tanning products, sunscreen and oils can cause damage or mark garments – avoid contact and rinse immediately. Avoid contact with rough surfaces to prevent pulls in fabric.How can I contact you?